1. JOB SUMMARY
- Manage the design team and drive development of new products and improvements to existingproducts or new product lines and meet the schedule of projects.
- Evaluate and ensure design f easibility, optimization and effectiveness to meet both technicalrequirements and cost targets.
- Manage and add resource if needed and continuously improve the capability (through training needs analysis and hiring of people with the right skills and knowledge) and structure of the
design team to meet business objectives.
- Mentor, coach, motivate and guide the design team to increase work productivity.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Lead and direct the work of cross-functional teams if required.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Complex & high precision electromechanical system
- System automation controls
- Machine vision
- Embedded systems
- Industrial automation
- Lot applications
▪ Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Vice President/General Manager.
2. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Head of the Design Team, the candidate must be knowledgeable in all and at least expertise in one
of the following fields:
1. Design – Hardware Engineering:
❖ Core Competencies:
▪ Complex electromechanical system design
▪ Micro test, functional test, and micro assembly
▪ Semiconductor processing and test equipment
▪ Controls / system engineering
▪ NPI documentation for HVM
▪ Software for automation, machine vision, GUI, and embedded systems
❖ Automation System Design:
▪ Robotics and advanced automation
▪ High precision mechanical and electromechanical systems
▪ Semiconductor metrology and inspection systems
▪ Flat panel display inspection systems
▪ Electron / ion beam ultra-fine prober systems
▪ RF and microwave plasma CVD / etch systems for semiconductors
▪ Wafer / substrate precision handling and transportation systems
▪ Micro contacting and mechanical force testing for smart devices
▪ Optical test equipment for smart devices
▪ Precision handling and component placement assembly equipment
2. Design – Specialized Software:
❖ Software Engineering Solution:
▪ Software Application Engineering
✓ Software testing & automation
✓ Legacy software maintenance
▪ Semiconductor and Industrial Automation Software
✓ Control systems
✓ UI HMI
✓ Factory solutions
✓ HOST communication
▪ Image Processing
✓ Proprietary machine vision algorithms / libraries
✓ Image processing algorithm development
✓ Image processing software
✓ Android and iPhone application software development
✓ IOT functional modules and development
❖ Software Development Process
3. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Minimum a Bachelor Degree in Engineering (preferably electrical, electronics, automation and
▪ At least 10 years of experience in the design of test equipment and automation of which 5 years at
management level (managing a team of >20 engineers).
▪ Extensive hands-on experience involving designing and manufacturing of machines or automation
equipment particularly for the electronics, automotive or semiconductor industries.
3. Knowledge & Skills
▪ Cadence EE Design
▪ Auto CAD 2D
▪ Autodesk Inventor View 10
▪ Pro/ Engineer
▪ Excellent in English language proficiency – both spoken and written.
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Strong people management skills with excellent motivational and leadership skills
▪ Work well under pressure
▪ Able to present ideas effectively.
▪ Able to evaluate ideas of others.
Interested parties, pls send your resume with current, expected salary and day of availability in MS WORD format by clicking Here OR Apply to complete the application.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only.