Oversee planning department, to ensure the development and implementation of effective short, medium- and long-term planning strategies to synchronize market / client demands with available raw material.
- Consider internal and external environment to help formulate and update the business strategy as factors change
- Ensure sustainable and profitable growth
Budget and Cost Control
- Drive annual planning by compiling operational costs, -overheads and capex budgets for relevant area, as well as strategies to achieve these to ultimately increase profit
- Set SMART KPI’s to track plans. Analyse variances and create remedial actions to achieve budget
- Participate in weekly price determination process for abattoir / wholesale procurement
Production and Warehousing
- Develop, review and implement efficient and effective procedures and processes to optimize production
- Optimization -cost effective utilization of current equipment, space, assets and human capital
- Responsible for the delivery of product according to a set standard, at a reasonable cost and productivity
- Oversee production planning to align with Sales and Procurement forecasts and targets
- Responsible for inventory management, including accuracy and control of record keeping and optimising working capital
- Oversee total warehousing function, ensuring accurate stock holding, picking and loading of trucks
- Oversee maintenance function, to ensure the development and implementation of preventative and incident maintenance strategies, processes and procedures.
- Degree in Operations / Supply Chain Management Job requirement
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the chilled meat; fresh meat industry at same role.
- Knowledge of chilled meat; fresh meat production, quality control and sanitation.
- Has experience in processing area: Slaughtering/ Primal breaking/ Deboning/Mixing, Curing/Processing/Slicing and retail packaging.
- Strong planning, budgeting and organizational skills.