- Job Title: SRM Analyst
- Job Function: Strategic Revenue Management
- Report to: Market Director – Vietnam and Indochina
The SRM Analyst reports to the Market Director for the Market, serving as a key business co-pilot for the sales teams and key member of the local market center of excellence for trade investment. This expert role is instrumental in helping to deliver profitable growth for the organization by partnering with the Sales teams to develop and execute trade investment frameworks and programs of sale across the channels and customers and helping maximize the productivity and returns of customer Trade terms budgets for both the company and the customer in line with the associated CBU/Brand growth strategies.
The Primary objectives for the SRM Analyst are to:
- Maximize the category growth opportunities achieved through trade promotional and trading terms investments. Partner with Sales Teams to better understand the impacts and opportunities for trade promotions to drive growth with their customers through clear and informative reporting and analysis of promotional events. This includes guiding and supporting KAMs/KA Analysts to perform pre and post-event ROI analyses, ensuring >80% of account level trade investments are properly assessed
- Improve Trade ROI Capabilities and trade promotional investment productivity across the organization. Partner closely with sales & CBU Marketing to analyze customer and national trade promotional events and use insights to drive greater accuracy and robustness of promotional forecasting and a deeper understanding of key metrics/concepts (ROI, Trade Leverage & ‘4 Star’ Promotions). This includes providing expert support to KAM teams, ensuring TPM tools/solutions are appropriately used for fact-based decision support as part of pre and post event analysis
- Input to the creation of Compelling Trade Promotional Strategies. This includes the creation, maintenance and continual updating of trade promotional information and analysis tools to support the SRM Trade ROI Manager, CBU Marketing and Sales teams in developing appropriate Brand Trade promotional strategies and clear and compelling execution plan
- Support the design of clear Trade Architecture to help step change trade investment products to help deliver Category value & profit pool growth. This includes working with KAMs and Demand Finance to design customer centric investment structures and programs of sale, that drive greater investment focus behind category growth initiatives (e.g. perfect store) and more efficient behaviors (e.g. lower NQT’s) as well as creating retailer/distributor margin roadmaps
- Analyze and make recommendations of portfolio mix management to maximize MAC and profit returns, at least twice yearly. This includes working with CBUS on long term innovation pack/price architecture with a total profit pool lens
- Support the Sales Leadership team, SRM Head and KAMs to deliver the annual growth requirements in line with trade promotional budgets by conducting customer event level ROI analysis, and utilizing insights gathered to inform ongoing customer promotional plans.
- Under the guidance of the cluster SRM Head, support the improvement in management and control of trade promotional investment and ongoing productivity and ROI effectiveness by:
- Partnering with KAM/KA Analysts to strengthen the depth and breadth of pre and post event trade promotion evaluations, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of volume and financial information is uploaded to TPM systems for funds management, ROI analysis and demand planning
- Consolidating & monitoring compliance to promotional guidelines at the account or budget holder level
- Supporting the KAMs and Sales budget holders to verify & consolidate trade promotional information for exception sign off through S&OP+
- Own the creation and analysis of all trade promotional reporting for the CBU/brands and Channels/customers, including on a periodic basis:
- Monitoring Retail Promotional Landscape across CBUs/brands (e.g. Promotional Price Points)
- Conducting detailed promotional analysis across channels/pack types to highlight opportunities
- Tracking competitors & multi-category promotional pricing and changes in strategy
- Work with Sales, CMI and CBU Marketing to create quarterly trade promotional reporting, highlighting progress against business targets in trade leverage, trade shape and 4* promotions.
- Own the creation and analysis of all Trade Investment reporting for the CBU/market including:
- Monitoring the latest investment position by customer versus plan across the key trade investment KPI’s (e.g. TLI, Trade shape, working Vs Non-Working).
- Monitoring levels of Non quality trade against budgets.
- Producing quarterly trade investment packs for review detailing the changes versus prior year
and Plan, including Trade investment bridges and helping to provide visibility on the different trade investment areas and their changes.
- Own the creation and maintenance of the CBU/ brand trade promotional learning library to ensure a clear understanding of the categories promotional dynamics, including internal and external information, by:
- Partnering with CMI and CBU/Marketing teams to ensure category and consumer trade promotional norms are incorporated into activity plans & NPD execution.
- Performing regular post evaluations of national trade promotional programs, to inform learnings
and ongoing strategies.
- Regularly assessing the results of competitor strategies, both within and outside the categories to help inform growth opportunities.
- Support the SRM Head and Demand S&F in evaluating and creating recommendations on long term portfolio trade promotional strategy for the market by creating robust fact bases on brand/ pack/ channel/ competitor dynamics.
- Own building of base and promotional assumptions for input into the OP process
1. Education & Professional Qualification:
Graduate caliber, with experience in a blue chip FMCG/consumer products with an analytical background
- A proven record in analyzing and modeling complicated data sets and the creation of analysis tools (Excel, Databases) to aid decision making. The ability to use this information to reach insightful conclusions and create robust recommendations (‘So What’) and present outputs in an informative way.
- An understanding of the commercial P&L from RRP to NSV is required, including how changes in sales and investments affect this.
- Functional/technical understanding and know-how specifically:
- Trade Promotional Knowledge (Preferred) – An understanding of the concepts of trade promotions (Price discounts, uplifts, base & incremental volumes, trigger funding), ROI, TLI, Trade shape would be helpful. As would the ability to calculate customer trade margin through different investment levels.
- Trade Promotional Systems/Tools (Helpful) – Knowledge and experience using analytical models and TPM IT systems for accurate promotional scenario planning, including their integration
with other information management/forecasting systems (e.g., Funds Management and Demand Planning)
- Trade Promotional Strategy (Helpful) – demonstrated understanding of the strategic & operational impacts of trade promotional decisions across the 5C’s (i.e. Category, Consumer, Customer, Competitor, Company) and the impact of changes on the value chain.
- Able to build successful working relationships, being a key contributor as part of a cross functional team.
- Able to effectively articulate and convey ideas and thoughts in a simple and effective manner. Not afraid to voice ideas or opinions within a peer group
3. Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills
Revenue Management – Essential
Financial and Analytical Acumen – Essential
Leveraging Insights into Action –Advanced
Selling – Essential
Planning Acumen – Essential
Building Winning Relationships – Essential