1. JOB PURPOSE
Summarize in one statement why the job exists; and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organization.
To manage corporate logistics department continuously improving inbound and outbound logistics effectiveness at best cost, whilst maximizing the company’s operational and customer service flexibilities
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
List the responsibilities (Key Result Areas and the major activities) that must be achieved in order that the job purpose is fulfilled. For each KRA, document the performance measure(s) (i.e., outcomes) which indicate successful accomplishment of that KRA.
Ensure compliance to OH&S policy and regulations by the team and other staffs.
- Strictly follow OHS responsibilities as stated in the procedure OHS- PR-12.
- Conduct Planned Task Observation (PTO), Safety Operations Tour (SOT)
Manage the logistics operation of both integrated cement plant and all other cement Terminals, grinding stations
- Ensure smoothly serving outbound logistics to cement customers
- Manage raw materials and fuels inbound logistics for CIP department
- Manage product warehouses and operation of the warehouse
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g., third party contractors);
- Oversee at organization wide the management of the strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services
Logistics contractor Management
- Manage compliance of all contractors both IB and OB logistics
- Ensure Contractors are all aligned with the company’s HOS requirement.
Provide leadership to the Logistics Operation function
- Provide guidance in day-to-day work for planning team.
- Provide coaching to staff to develop capability and required competencies.
- Selection, development and assessment of staffs
- Direct hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of logistics staffs
- Develop shipping Station personnel
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through talent acquisition, performance management,
- Collaborate with staffs, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, solve problems, and to clarify management objectives
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, maintain and develop positive business relationships with customer which directly relevant to supply chain activities
- Well cooperate with NS and IS in excellently dispatching products at all sites
Develop and / orparticipate in thedevelopment of thesupply chain strategy for the organization
- Analyze business situation and the integration with Supply Chain to suggest Logistics options
3. MAJOR CHALLENGES
Describe the major challenges faced in carrying out your job, and what is done to overcome them.
- Coordination with plant production and management.
- Manage legal compliance,
- Manage relationship with local Maritime Authorities
4. KEY DECISIONS/DIMENSIONS
a. Describe 1 or 2 typical decisions this position has to make, in the course of the job.
- Decision on source of dispatch / dispatching methods operational activities to best serve customer at the lowest cost to serve manner.
- Select and effectively manage 3rd service contractors
- People development and allocation with in SC Log Operation department
b. List the data which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning the job. (These should be quantifiable numerical amounts)
- Number of direct reports (subordinates): 6 direct reports and over 120 indirect staffs
5. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
State the minimum acceptable proficiency for this job. Do not state the incumbent (current person in the job)-specific information.
- University degree or above
- Should have in depth knowledge of end to end supply chain processes and best practices, management systems, health and safety regulations, customer and personal service, administration management, and risk management.
- At least 5 year experiences in managing a logistics department on both inbound and outbound.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills is a must, at least three years in a leadership position.
- Knowledge in cement production and process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staffs
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups
- Able to perform financial calculations, create and manage budgets
- 5 years in relevant business.
- Negotiation skill
- Analysis and problem-solving
- Understand cost drivers and how to control.
- Organization Skill
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
- Customer focus,
- Proactive manner
- Good communication
- Foster teamwork and cooperation
- Excellent in Planning and organizing
Interested parties, pls send your resume with current, expected salary and day of availability in MS WORD format by clicking Here OR Apply to complete the application.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only