- Performs the project management responsibilities independently for engineering activities within the New Product Development (NPD) team
- Works with engineering team leads and management to create and tracks schedules, budgets, performance targets, resource plans, prioritization and delegation of tasks, and general planning activities for engineering deliverables
- Provides visibility to project schedule and budget issues and manages escalation and coordinates critical issue resolution with project engineering Team Lead, Business Development Manager and Engineering Management
- Provides the project management interface to project leads as well as critical internal and external (client) stakeholders for efficient coordination, execution of critical activities and project management functions
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans – active participant in the risk management ext process
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Ensures successful completion of project stages gates and related activities required for the projects to comply with the company ISO 13485 / cGMP compliant design and development process
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each development activity, and that adequate documentation exists for the Design History File, product manufacturing and ongoing production documentation (test procedures, drawings, BOMs – Build of Material).
- Performs post-mortem reviews on key developments and leads communication of further design improvements to projects
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups
- Provides input and plans for program related expense to the engineering, quotations, budget development and forecasting
- Carry out other duties as and when assigned by the General Director.
- Recruits and onboards engineering functions to suit the R&D organization in VN. 14. Manages and leads a satellite engineering center with core functions such as, technical sourcing, mechanical engineering, tooling engineering, process development, electrical engineering.
- 10+ years of production & engineering management experience.
- 7+ years with leadership/supervisory responsibility.
- Experience with electro-mechanical medical devices
- Proven track record of building successful teams.
- Competence and confidence leading teams and developing a cohesive team atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Solid understanding of inventory systems, bills of materials, and work order processes.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and MS Office/PC applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Language.
- Ability to travel outside of Vietnam (China, Costa Rica, United States)
P: +84 028 3925 2566 | email@example.com | www.hr1vietnam.com
HR1Jobs - The No1 AI Recruitment Online Platform: www.hr1jobs.com
HR1Tech - The No1 AI Recruitment Online Platform in IT: www.hr1tech.com